Saturday, April 21, 2007

Dear Ji-Hoon (Letter 1)

I got to church in time for service today Wooohooo! And even the pastor was very happy for me making it on time. This is the second time in 6-7 months. Unfortunately, our usual lunch after service was canceled since the sanctuary is closed for renovations and the fellowship hall is used as the sanctuary until renovations are complete. So no lunch at church Waaah!! >_< When the service ended it was only 1:30pm too early for me to go home. After wards, I kinda sorta invited myself over for lunch at one of my church members house and I ate Indian food!! (They are an Indian family) It was awesome!! I got to eat with my hands and in my church clothes too! Something our parents tell us to NEVER do and here I was enjoying the whole mess like a little child being told I could paint the walls with my crayons. He he he :-)

They had spicy beef, spicy chicken, 2 kinds of white rice, one with very big grains and the other clumped together rice that some Asian cultures like. Then there was a dish of string beans with shavings of coconut and a curry looking vegetable dish that had potatoes and assorted veggies, and a pancake like wrap with potatoes and green spicy peppers inside. (My poor stomach! I love spicy food but my stomach begs to differ.) This pancake mix was made from scratch. The lady of the house told me that she had taken different kinds of lentil and made them into powder and mixed something else that I don't remember. They also had something that resembled chips that were SOO MUCH BETTER than what I've had. I was told to take the rice and put whatever I wanted on top of it mix if with my hands and then ENJOY! WOOPPEEE! :=)

I love learning about cultures and their beliefs AND their FOOD!! I love food! I love trying food from different places. Later on they all started to drift away after the feast and started to land in different parts of the house taking naps. I ended up trying some tea with no sugar. It was not bitter yet it was strong. I was told that it is good for high blood pressure. :-) The lady of the house gave me a bag of black pepper balls. She said that for the eyesight it's good to boil 2 balls of black pepper, 1 stick of cinnamon and a small piece of ginger root. I must make sure that I peel the ginger root because it could be poisonous. 0_0 YIKES! I realized then that I need to find out about the natural world we live in or it can be dangerous if not properly informed.

Since the lady of the house is a nurse assistant we got to talking about health issues. I learned that the constant dizziness that I've felt needs to be checked by a doctor since it could mean diabetes, high blood pressure or high cholesterol. So come Monday morning I'm calling my Doctor, who I have been avoiding for 2 years, and schedule an appointment. UGH! After a while I was starting to lose consciousness during the conversation, (eating well does make you want to take a nap) so I got a ride home where before I could enjoy the longed for nap ensconced in my bed, my sister came back from class wanting to talk. ARGH!! Oh how cruel is fate! And THEN after we finished talking our friend showed up to our house! IT was a CONSPIRACY I TELL YA!!! It was! (Never mind the fact that WE had schedule the visit from our friend for this time.) So I had to pop out of bed and become presentable to be with our guest while my sister decided that she wanted to change the toilet seat JUST AT THAT MOMENT IN TIME. *SIGH* It defeats the whole purpose of our friend coming to visit if she is going to do handy man stuff. I still found it funny. He didn't stay long since he had to be home soon to help take care of his mom who had emergency heart surgery this past Monday. *~* She has a pacemaker in her and the family is obviously worried. So we could sympathize. He is kind enough to drop us off at the bookstore so I'll write when I get back!

Ciao,

Eternal Dreams

No comments: